New York Voter Frequently Asked Questions
Can I vote for Larry Sharpe if I’m registered in a party other than his own?
- No matter your party affiliation, you can vote for Larry Sharpe and Andrew Hollister in the General Election, Tuesday, November 8th, 2022.
- However, you MUST be registered to vote, and no later than Friday, October 14th . You can register online here: https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
I’m not sure if I’m registered. How can I find out?
Check your registration status here: http://www.elections.ny.gov/
Where do I go to vote for you?
- You need to go to the polling place designated for your address. Check your polling location here: https://www.elections.ny.gov/
- Early Voting is available in the General Election. You can find out when and where you can vote prior to the General Election’s final day of Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 by consulting your county Board of Elections here: https://www.elections.ny.gov/CountyBoards.html
I changed my party to Libertarian on my voter registration, but it says, “Other”. Will my vote still count?
Yes, no matter your party registration, you can vote for Larry Sharpe and his slate of candidates.
Someone said Larry Sharpe is not on the ballot. Do I need to write in his name to vote for him?
- Larry Sharpe and his slate of candidates will be on the ballot, like all candidates running for Governor of NY. When you get your ballot, just look for Larry Sharpe and his Lieutenant Governor, as well as other candidates on the slate.
- There’s a period of time from April 19th to May 24th during which we need to collect petition signatures to ensure that they get on the ballot. Volunteer to collect signatures here: https://calendly.com/chance-lp/15min
Do I have to vote only for Libertarians in all races in my community if I vote for you?
- No, you can vote for Larry Sharpe for Governor, and for anyone else you want in other races on other party lines.
- For each race, you can only vote for as many people as that race allows. For example, if you vote for Larry Sharpe for Governor, you vote for no other candidate for Governor.